premium-job-application (fillable form)
Maintenance Technician Needed for Several Apartment Complexes! Prairie du Sac/Spring Green Area
The Sauk County Housing Authority (SCHA) has a great opportunity for an experienced, full-time Maintenance Technician to join our team. Looking for a qualified/skilled individual to work at several apartment complexes. This is a full time, non-exempt position available immediately. Qualified candidates must have outstanding maintenance skills. Duties will include, but are not limited to: plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, some carpentry, appliance repairs, door and window repairs, etc.
Candidates must be highly organized and possess strong customer service and verbal communication skills. Only hardworking , honest candidates and must be able to work with minimal supervision should apply. Additionally, candidates must have reliable means of transportation with valid driver’s license and must be bondable.
Candidates must be able to travel during the work day in order to work at various properties as needed in the Prairie Du Sac and Spring Green communities. Position is typically Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm. Candidates will be required to occasionally be on call for emergencies.
Essential Job Functions:
• Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, appliance repairs, carpentry, door and window repairs, etc.
•Respond and perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
•Have strong customer service skills while taking care of repair request on a timely basis.
•Be able to work independently as well as be part of the team.
• Prepare vacant apartments and make necessary improvements in a timely manner.
•Knowledge of safety requirements is a MUST- operate within OSHA standards and company safety policies at all times.
• Assist to oversee the apartment units and property grounds.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
•Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
• Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required – High School Diploma
Required – 5 years building maintenance experience.
Preferred – 2 years building maintenance at apartment complex experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, operation of equipment, and adhere to safety practices. The ability to work under limited supervision with other people effectively and with other staff positions is important. Must be trainable and take instruction to learn position, and work well without constant supervision.
* Must be in good physical condition.
* Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 50lbs.
• Competitive Pay, based on experience.
• Health Insurance
• State Retirement
• Friendly Work Environment
• Vacation, Sick and Personal time
The SCHA is an Equal Housing Opportunity Employer.
Applications can be submitted in person the SCHA office at 1211 8th ST, Baraboo, WI 53913 or can be mailed to SCHA, PO Box 147, Baraboo, WI 53913.